"My husband, to say the least, was a bit shocked when I came home with a..."
From: Jenny in Tennesee
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 9:39 PM

I, too, have a regular route of thrift stores I go by every week or so, mostly looking for Mid-century Modern design, particularly ceramics, such as Fiesta. But sometimes I head there with specific needs. On one trip, looking for a Brownie uniform for my daughter, 8, I spotted a rosewood frame boomerang sofa. I think I went 50 feet across the store in one step, grabbed one of the triangle-shape back cushions and ran to the checkout to buy the sofa ($30) before anyone else could. My husband, to say the least, was a bit shocked when I came home with a 12-foot sofa hanging out the open hatch of the Ford Explorer rather than a little girl's Scouting uniform.

"...when I put them on, they were a bit tight but hey...they..were...free..!"